Multiplatform: Infinity Ring™
Scholastic's next multi-platform mega-event begins here with our new seven-book INFINITY RING™ series, launching Fall 2012. For more information, please read the press release.
New York Times bestselling author James Dashner wrote Book 1: A Mutiny in Time, and also outlined the program’s overall story arc. He says: "Scholastic has been a part of my reading life for over thirty years, and it's both surreal and exciting to now be working on this project together. I'm so honored and looking forward to launching Infinity Ring. I know readers and gamers of all ages are in for a unique and unforgettable experience." Check out James’ website here.
Dashner will be followed by a team of bestselling and acclaimed authors. Our multi-author dream team includes:
- Book 1: James Dashner (New York Times bestselling author of The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials)
- Book 2: Carrie Ryan (New York Times bestselling author of The Forest of Hands and Teeth)
- Book 3: Lisa McMann (New York Times bestselling author of Wake, The Unwanteds)
- Book 4: Matt de la Pena (New York Times bestselling author of Ball Don’t Lie, We Were Here)
- Book 5: Matthew Kirby (Acclaimed author of The Clockwork Three, Icefall)
- Book 6: Jennifer A. Nielsen (Acclaimed author of Elliot and the Goblin War and our forthcoming The False Prince)
- Book 7: James Dashner to wrap up the series
(From left to right) Lisa McMann, Matt de la Peña, Carrie Ryan, James Dashner, Jennifer A. Nielsen, Matthew J. Kirby
As with The 39 Clues™, INFINITY RING™ combines reading, gaming, and history into one incredible series. The phenomenally popular The 39 Clues™ franchise maintains a massive global following with readers in 191 countries, and with the online game which has attracted more than 1.8 million registered users to date. There are currently more than 14 million copies in print worldwide for The 39 Clues™and The 39 Clues™: Cahills vs. Vespers book series.
Book 1: A Mutiny in Time by James Dashner Summary: History is broken, and three kids must travel back in time to set it right! When best friends Dak Smyth and Sera Froste stumble upon the secret of time travel -- a hand-held device known as the Infinity Ring -- they're swept up in a centuries-long secret war for the fate of mankind. Recruited by the Hystorians, a secret society that dates back to Aristotle, the kids learn that history has gone disastrously off course. Now it's up to Dak, Sera, and teenage Hystorian-in-training Riq to travel back in time to fix the Great Breaks . . . and to save Dak's missing parents while they're at it. First stop: Spain, 1492, where a sailor named Christopher Columbus is about to be thrown overboard in a deadly mutiny!
Scholastic has world rights in all languages and will be making deals for all seven books. Please stop by our booth at Bologna for an exclusive smaple chapter and demo.